Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums!

Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! (http://www.hawaiitalks.net//forums.php)
-   Motorcycle Racing (http://www.hawaiitalks.net//forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   No helmet? No problems? (http://www.hawaiitalks.net//showthread.php?t=55784)

TheMayor 02-07-2009 09:58 PM

No helmet? No problems?

Stunt with no helmet on....moron.

This lady gives other bikers a bad name.

A 23-year-old woman from Kaneohe was critically injured today in an motorcycle accident at the Aloha Tower parking lot, police said.
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/gr...label_horz.gif
OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');

Police said the woman, who was not wearing a helmet, was speeding and doing wheel stands on the motorcycle near the Falls Of Clyde when the bike overturned.
The woman suffered severe head injuries and was taken to The Queen's Medical Center in critical condition. The accident happened at 12:25 p.m.

Rob 02-08-2009 01:01 PM

What was she trying to do?... wheelie over the damn speedbumps?

Act162this 02-08-2009 08:54 PM

wheelie, at least.

don't think she counted on the speedbumps, though.

TheMayor 02-08-2009 09:09 PM

She should have found a better place to "practice" her stunts.

MsStang808 02-09-2009 09:55 AM

Sad.

Hey, go post this in the other forum. See how the bikers jump all over your ass especially if you call her "stupid" or "moron" or the like. Then see how they'll say "at least she had the balls to try" or something of that nature. Do it!!!

Act162this 02-09-2009 12:13 PM

then encourage them to go out and do the same.

ride fast, ride hard, ride without a helmet, and ride when you're really, really drunk.

perhaps then they'll realize the benefits of helmets and protective gear.

ikeyballz 05-21-2009 02:01 PM

I figure its their choice. Meh, they only kill/hurt themselves, right? any time we make any decision, whether its to jump into a (small?) car, to walk on the streets, some are stupider than others..and we always take the chances. Guess her luck vs. probability vs. captain obvious didnt swing the right way.

idiosyncratic 05-21-2009 03:30 PM

uh...
no comment.

mother of idio said not to say anything
if i can't say anything nice at all...

or was that bambi's mom?...

tis a vicious circle.
Morons like this girl gives all riders a bad name
and the general public a bad taste for riders in general
who complain to powers that be
who happen to be non-riders.
These non-riders pass really stupid laws
a lot of riders protest these laws
to gain back the freedom to ride as they want to
only to have it scrutinized when stunting morons do something like this

if you're going to stunt, learn to do it right
when you're learning use proper safety gear
when you're stunting, do it in a controlled environment
the public streets isn't a controlled environment
unless it's coned off, and you were invited to do some 'stuntin'
stunting only turns the general public off to riders in general.

/end rant

Kreggae 06-09-2009 07:19 PM

I met the girl's mom. She was pretty defensive about her daughter of course, only saying that "all the facts are not in yet", as if to pre-empt me from busting on her daughter's chosen course of action. I didn't have to say a word.

ArchangelX 06-09-2009 07:30 PM

Yepz...well...yeah...I guess that was to be expected?

idiosyncratic 06-10-2009 07:38 AM

if that was an offspring of idio,
i would've told you that he/she made a stupid decision
and hope that he/she better learn from it

meaning if they ride, they better be wearing a helmet!
even if it's just one of those half-helmets
would be better than nothing...

*idio mutters to himself* lolo (crazy) kidz!!! good for you! hurry up and get well, so i can give you lickenz!

kamrinjacobs 02-23-2010 01:25 AM

As my brother who lives in Amsterdam said, once a city is given to cars, not people, it's a lost cause. He rides a bike 5 years old that cost him 120 euro. Hires a car if he needs one.
I've been pulled up with mates rolling along a bike track(helmets on handlebars) after a couple of hours riding on the road(helmets on heads) and told by the 6 member police hit squad that we were committing " Bike Crime ". Still gets a laugh that.

ArchangelX 02-23-2010 11:34 AM

Dangerous stuff...I mean, it's just one of those things you gotta accept the risks for. I won't make anyone (besides my own kid) wear a helmet, but I've already seen what can happen in a 15mph accident when you're not wearing one. You can die...it's that easy.

I'd rather look uncool and be safe, than be cool and dead.

Outsider 02-23-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArchangelX (Post 385881)
I'd rather look uncool and be safe, than be cool and dead.

How ironic...that all dead people are actually cool. :laugh1:

ArchangelX 02-23-2010 12:01 PM

Being 6 feet under will do that to you.

zerozero 04-14-2010 12:54 PM

i have a wall full of 6 or 7 crashed helmets - some are pretty messed up, one is completely caved in on one side (I would have died for sure).

One has yellow paint from a taxi who pulled out in front of me on Ward - the helmet saved my life then I used it to beat the taxi and smash the windows when driver wouldn't get out. I had to pay for damages to the taxi I did after the accident and could have gone to jail. I bet he can see a motorcycle next time.

buy good helmets that fit you correctly and wear them everytime you ride.

zero

looney bin resident 06-25-2010 06:48 PM

I wear a helmet even if its fukken hot as shit out there. (Bandanas help soak up my sweat.)

Krooze 05-08-2013 10:08 PM

It is strictly restricted that don't drive a bike without helmet and specially the racing one. As the racers have specially designed helmets that are supported with multiple other parts from they are differ the common one's. Also racers have Race Suits which prevent them from the condition like this.
car racing suits