Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii Talks Forums > Financial, Military, Political & Religious Discussion

HT Hosting

Unread 08-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
ChroniC588
Linux is Awesome

Additional Info
Hoboken, NJ
Wii Friend Code: I eat Food
Credits: 14,930.10
ChroniC588 is on a distinguished road
Default Obama's job package - each job costs $ 33k

Obama is proposing to spend $ 30 billion in hopes of stimulating 900,000 new jobs. This comes out to about $ 33,000 for each new job.

The govt has a disconnect in how it views stimulating job growth. Business do not hire new employees based on tax breaks and incentives...they hire based on future outlook for increased profits. This job's package does little to convince businesses profits will increase by hiring more workers.

The only benefit is a temporary one...and businesses know it.

This proposal is probably to help give Obama something to say on the campaign trail. He can say he spent $ 30 billion to help create jobs. Nevermind that it's temporary and costs way more than the benefits it will yield.

Quote:
Never Surrender
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 08-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
corytomo
Big Kahuna

Additional Info

damned if you do, damned if you don't.
so you don't do anything, and hope the economy recovers on its own, and get bashed for not doing anything.
or, you spend billions trying to create jobs, and get bashed on spending too much trying.

i'm not an economist, and will never be. i just really really hope that some of his advisers really know how to help this economy. obviously, it hasn't been that good, but a lot of it has been things out of anyones control. still worried about our country as a whole, hope i don't need to move to canada.
Unread 08-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #3
Outsider
LET ME IN!!!

Additional Info
Credits: 1,553.85
Outsider is on a distinguished road

This country has too many freedoms, too many "rights". On top of that everything's backwards. The people that do all the work get taxed up the ying-yang, and the people that don't do anything benefit off of the working people. People should have to earn welfare. Everyone who works should get something. If the free-loaders don't do anything, they shouldn't get anything. They better take that job at McDonald's (for starters)...or starve.
Unread 08-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
corytomo
Big Kahuna

Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
This country has too many freedoms, too many "rights". On top of that everything's backwards. The people that do all the work get taxed up the ying-yang, and the people that don't do anything benefit off of the working people. People should have to earn welfare. Everyone who works should get something. If the free-loaders don't do anything, they shouldn't get anything. They better take that job at McDonald's (for starters)...or starve.
Totally agree with you, but have you seen how much you can make on welfare? I believe the last amount came out to almost 40k take home a year with 2 kids. We're a welfare country! We need to fix this crap.
Unread 08-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
ChroniC588
Linux is Awesome

Additional Info
Hoboken, NJ

The government needs to realize a simple truth...it cannot control the economy, it can only influence. And this influence is difficult to measure and yields inconsistent results.

Quote:
Never Surrender

Last edited by ChroniC588; 08-30-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Unread 08-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #6
inpuressa
Big Surf

Additional Info
Credits: 2,243.80
inpuressa is on a distinguished road

the banks are the ones controlling the economy and the govt.

Unread 09-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
inpuressa
Big Surf

Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
you don't have rights in this country. they are called "privileges" because they can be revoked at will.

at the same time, things like this don't make employment any easier.

Unread 09-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
ChroniC588
Linux is Awesome

Additional Info
Hoboken, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
the banks are the ones controlling the economy and the govt.

I would say its the few ultra wealthy clients and investors who own the banks, who are calling the shots.

All those bankers and politicians report to someone.

Quote:
Never Surrender
Unread 09-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
inpuressa
Big Surf

Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChroniC588 View Post
I would say its the few ultra wealthy clients and investors who own the banks, who are calling the shots.

All those bankers and politicians report to someone.
if you connect the dots, you will see that it will all lead to a select few that control everything.
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #10
inpuressa
Big Surf

Additional Info

way to go for job creation.
at least ford won't be raided like gibson.

caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/07/message-sent-by-ford-opening-new-plant-in-india

Last edited by inpuressa; 09-08-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Facebook Comments