Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii Talks Forums > Island Life

Unread 03-31-2007, 07:31 AM   #1
lois
short fuse

Additional Info
Mos Eisley
Send a message via AIM to lois
Credits: 15,629.11
lois is on a distinguished road
Talking fishing thread

i know Act162this is a fellow fisherman, anyone else?

i wanted to go fishing but hubby said it was gonna rain today and it sure don't look like it's raining. i think he just wanted to then

oh well maybe tomorrow, we're probably gonna go Lanikai

"She's blunt, she's loud, and she tells you crap you don't want to hear."--Mike

i can only please one person a day. you're too late for today and tomorrow doesn't look good either.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
Syde Ephekts
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Credits: 1,525.70
Syde Ephekts is on a distinguished road

eh. I fish. overnighter this weekend in fact.
Unread 04-11-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
lois
short fuse

Additional Info
Mos Eisley

where are you going?

i can only please one person a day. you're too late for today and tomorrow doesn't look good either.
Unread 04-17-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
cucuchicuu
DJ Mufi

Additional Info
KPT
Send a message via AIM to cucuchicuu
Credits: 1,669.55
cucuchicuu is on a distinguished road

Haven't been fishing in a while. How's lanikai?
Unread 04-17-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
lois
short fuse

Additional Info
Mos Eisley

s h itt y last time we went.

can catch though, my friend them caught papio there.

Unread 05-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #6
solady_808
...mArRiEd...

Additional Info
GARDEN ISLE
Credits: 1,738.99
solady_808 is on a distinguished road

lois too bad youre not on kauai...Id fish with you....

my hubby and I fish a lot...well, I usually go when I can (since my schedule sucks)

got into conventional recently...got me a Shimano Tallus and Newell 454 and I LOVE it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lois
my rule is i don't post shit i will never say to someone's face
Unread 05-08-2007, 06:28 AM   #7
lois
short fuse

Additional Info
Mos Eisley

oooh, my hubby's best friend just gave me a Tallus too. i haven't got to use it yet.

Unread 05-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #8
Audiboy808
Gremlin

Additional Info

I haven't been fishing or diving in a long time. Hey Lois almost time for Oama and you know what comes when they come in. I can't wait. Too bad Hickam doesn't let us get on anymore.
Unread 05-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #9
solady_808
...mArRiEd...

Additional Info
GARDEN ISLE
Credits: 1,738.99
solady_808 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
oooh, my hubby's best friend just gave me a Tallus too. i haven't got to use it yet.

I LOVE my Tallus.....dont worry, you will have fun casting that....

Quote:
my rule is i don't post shit i will never say to someone's face
Unread 05-13-2007, 10:10 PM   #10
mrbkkt1
Brandon

I fish... enchanted lakes. for Tilapia, and crab.
Read my HT Blog.. it's not like you have anything else to dohttp://www.hawaiitalks.net/blog.php?u=1029
Unread 07-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #11
Hee_Haw
Part time Trunk Monkey

Hope there's no penalties for bringing up an old topic, but fishing is what I basically do with my little bits of spare time.

And why not, I live on Molokai!

I fish from shore, the K'kai wharf (big ones come up every now and then), and from a kayak, both paddle and motorized. Still saving up for a boat and motor.

I whip, ultralight, flyfish, and dunk (all my conventional stuff is at Mom's house on Oahu).

On Oahu I used to go all over the Windward side, from Malaekahana all the way down to Waimanalo. Those were fun days. That's how my wife and I got together.

Then again, there's not many fish on Molokai, right?
Unread 07-05-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
lois
short fuse

Additional Info
Mos Eisley

my husband wants to try and kayak fish. we see guys in Lanikai doing that sometimes.

Unread 07-05-2007, 03:19 PM   #13
kombi731
dropin the duece since 82

Additional Info
Kailua
Credits: 3,516.70
kombi731 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbkkt1
I fish... enchanted lakes. for Tilapia, and crab.
I've never been that hammered
Unread 07-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #14
lois
short fuse

Additional Info
Mos Eisley

Kapalama Canal!

Unread 07-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #15
mrbkkt1
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kombi731
I've never been that hammered
we never ATE the stuff, besides, i'm allergic to shellfish.
Read my HT Blog.. it's not like you have anything else to dohttp://www.hawaiitalks.net/blog.php?u=1029
Unread 07-08-2007, 07:51 PM   #16
Hee_Haw
Part time Trunk Monkey

Quote:
my husband wants to try and kayak fish. we see guys in Lanikai doing that sometimes.
It's the best rush. Even small fish can pull the kayak around some. Hooked up to a 3-4 lb. papio on the motorized Cobra Tandem and it pulled it in a full circle before I could net it and throw it on ice!

I can't imagine what a 70 lb. ulua or a 40 lb. mahimahi must be like! Those guys off Keauhou and Kona are nuts. Good kine nuts.

They have all kinds of specialty fishing kayaks nowadays, but I use three basic 'yaks (we have them around, anything works, really). A 9' Ocean Kayak 'Frenzy' (tiny but effective for a quick "lunch run"), a 11' Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT (a bit wider than the normal Scrambler, plus plenny room for cooler, bucket, and tackle + refreshments), and the Cadillac, a Cobra Tandem with a homemade motor / battery holder and a 30lb. thrust MinnKota trolling motor. Under full power it goes probably 4-6 mph, and with my truck battery it lasts hours without pooping out. Just gotta watch those swells! I take the dog and we troll for a couple hours (though I haven't done so lately, it's been busy for me).

1 1/2" PVC pipe and some fittings, and you have instant pole holders that fit in the scupper holes, or swallow hard and drill some mounting holes for a solid mount.

Hope you folks can do a kayak "fishing tale" soon!
Unread 07-21-2007, 07:48 AM   #17
lois
short fuse

Additional Info
Mos Eisley

uuuhhhhh...after that shark attack off of Bellows the other day, i don't think we'll be doing any kayak fishing anytime soon.

Unread 07-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #18
Hee_Haw
Part time Trunk Monkey

Quote:
uuuhhhhh...after that shark attack off of Bellows the other day, i don't think we'll be doing any kayak fishing anytime soon.
Are you guys sure?

Nah, I didn't catch that on the yak. I wish.

That was whipping from my friend's boat. 19 lbs.

I see some gray and whitetip reef sharks out there, but they're like dogs. If you have fish on a kui, they'll try to get one before you can get them. They're really wary, almost scared of the kayak.

But the Tiger shark that we caught in the lay net....I'll save that story for later. It was bigger than my 9' yak.
Unread 07-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #19
lois
short fuse

Additional Info
Mos Eisley

wow, 19 lbs! i wish i caught one that big.

a tiger shark in a lay net!

Unread 07-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #20
kilikopela
All it takes is 1

Additional Info
Credits: 949.60
kilikopela is on a distinguished road

been starting to get back into the fishing and diving bit too. My coworkers and I would go through Portlock and whip from the shelf.
Unread 07-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #21
Miss_G35
Gremlin

Additional Info
Oahu, Hawaii
Send a message via Yahoo to Miss_G35
Credits: 1,556.65
Miss_G35 is on a distinguished road

It's been a while since I last went fishing, but I'm starting to kinid of get back into the groove. I'm not sure if we're fishing this weekend cause our friends want to go hiking?

2004 Infiniti G35 MT/6 Coupe
Installations by: Kili,his dad, and...ME!!
Unread 10-11-2007, 07:02 AM   #22
Im Faster
Should Slow Down

i havent fished since ihave been her... i dont know how to fish out here really i guess.. lol.. or where to go...

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
Unread 10-22-2007, 08:07 PM   #23
Hee_Haw
Part time Trunk Monkey

Lois, you haven't posted in here for awhile, and you mentioned that your husband MIGHT want to try kayak fishing. I found some pics of the power kayak I played with earlier this year.

Here's the whole thing. This was the older setup, it rode with the bow too high in the air, and the dog hanging on to the front for her life. I eventually moved things around a bit. Two pole holders right behind the cooler.

The Minn Kota electric motor (30 lbs thrust = about 3/4 horsepower) set up with the milk crate and 2x4.

We didn't have hamburger for lunch that day! Was kinda small, but we was hungry.

Looking at the old pics made me all fired up to get the electro-yak going again. I haven't gone out for awhile now.
Unread 11-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #24
Kreggae
Gun

Additional Info
East Honolulu
Credits: 2,320.37
Kreggae is on a distinguished road

Man, fishing is one thing I wish I could do more of!

When I was a kid, I'd go fishing w/ grandpa every weekend and during the summer, it was 7 days a week. Those were good times, when you could actually catch stuff out on the Ala Moana reef. Some days were whitewash, but others were good, and a few days I'll remember for the rest of my life. Like the time we were walking back to Magic Island from the reef and stumbled upon about 8 barracuda just sitting there in a bunch. We took home six of them in about 15 minutes; it was literally like shooting fish in the proverbial barrel. Not big, 1.5 - 2 lbs, but they were tasty. Or when we found this school of oama out on the reef that were so hungry, they'd strike at an almost bare hook. We definitely broke the catch limit law that day. Lots of omilu and o'io out there too, back in the day.

I've been kayak fishing on my Cobra Play. It's a decent steed, but not nearly as stable as Hee Haw's Frenzy. My friend had a Frenzy, and it was the huge keel that made all the diference. It's way easier to huli in my Cobra, although it cuts a little sharper, especially when catching waves.

One of the things I used to do a lot of (back when I had a car with a yak rack) was go out into Kaneohe Bay past the big sandbar out to Kapapa Island. I never caught anything from the kayak there, but when fishing from the island, I had a huge strike that cost me a good 50+ yards of line and my large Crystal Minnow.

Right now, my gear is collecting dust. I probably have to get a new reel for my ultralight setup. It's always a time issue for me. So when is our HT fishing G2G?

Unread 11-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #25
idiosyncratic
iz jus me dakine li'dat!

Additional Info
Xeno Tactic Champion! Assassination Simulator Champion! Tetris Champion! Super Mario Boat Bonanza Champion! Ball A Track Champion! Bricks Champion! Ring Pass Not Champion! 1 Starship Champion! 100 Men Champion! Bottle Shooter Champion! Cosmic Defender Champion! Kakato Otoshi Champion! Five Champion! Bookworm Champion! Alien Rescue Champion! Angel Power Racing Champion! Apple girl Champion! Xeno Tactic 2 Champion! Air Hockey Champion! Avatar Star Sue Champion! 13 Days in Hell Champion! Ultimate Crab Battle Champion! 3D Racing - Track 1 Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! 3D Superball Champion! Decoder Champion! Air Typer Champion! Vegas Invader Champion! WipeOut Champion! Animal Keeper Champion! Kung Fu Fighter Champion! Burger Restaurant Champion! Kung Fu Remix Champion! Galagon 2004 Champion! No Gravity Champion! Clash`N Slash Champion! Pit Stop Challenge Champion! Kingkong Island Champion! Keyboard Smash Champion! Sim Rescue Champion! BupPreview Champion! American Dragon Pinball Champion! Slingo Matchum Champion! Excited Insects Champion! JetSpeed Champion! Quad Champion! Earthling Eliminator Champion! Tank Master Champion! Mega Boom Champion! Jewel Miner Champion! Strikers 1945 Champion! Race Horse Tycoon Champion! Comboling Champion! SB Anchovy Assult Champion! Taz`s Tropical Havoc Champion! Simon Champion! Hero Zymbols Champion! Cubex Champion! Collateral Damages Champion! Trivial Blitz 2 Champion! Fast n Furious Champion! Sea Diver Champion! Death To Ninja Champion! Virtual Police Champion! HyperSphere Champion! Dead Frontier Night One Champion! Zombie S.S. Mission Champion! 4 Wheel Madness Champion! Drifting Champion! Dual Card Champion! Drakojan Skies Champion! Brain Buster Champion! Crazy Cube Champion! Super Robot Advanced Champion! Rapid Fire 2 Time Trial Champion! Snake Champion! Toon Crisis 2 Champion! Target Training! Champion! Acno Energiser Champion! Monstor Buster Champion! Fish Tales Champion! Targets Champion! Aerial Mahjong Champion! Metal Slug Flash Champion! Bubble Elements Arcade Champion! Mr Bump Pinball Champion! Assault Paintball Champion! Angel Pang Champion! Pinball Smash Up Champion! Street Shooter Champion! Laser Envy Champion! Caixa 2006 Champion! Desert Storm Champion! Aqua Slug Champion! BombJack Arcade Champion! Axegang Rampage Champion! Starsky & Hutch Pinball Champion! Mega Pengs! Champion! B29 Assault Champion! TNT Runner Champion! Puzzle Bobble Champion! Flying Gonzo Champion! Space Invaders Champion! Lego Basketball Challenge Champion! Shailine Champion! Monkey Kart Champion! Rapid Fire 2 Bubble Burst Champion! Chopper Popper Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! Virtual Police 2 Champion! Charles 007 Champion! The Transporter 2 Champion! National Treasure Pinball Champion! Ball Lifting Champion! Scoobys Curse Of Anubis Champion! Clash N Slash Champion! Twin Power Champion! Hang On v2 Champion! R.S.V.P Champion! Blobber Champion! Caliber Dash Champion! Extreme Racing 2 Champion! Putt It In Champion! Treasure Pyramid Champion! Pangflash Champion! Game For Money Champion! Brain Machine Champion! Simpsons: Ball of Death Champion! Megaman Zero Alpha Champion! Candy Shoot Champion! Lucky Eights Champion! The Princess`s Tiara Champion! Planetcide Genesis Champion! Angel Killer Champion! Rick Dangerous Champion! Star Ladder Champion! Baby Boom Champion! Operation Tiger Champion! Baby Ball Champion! Monster Truck Trials Champion! Floatin` Assault Champion! Rapid Randy Champion! I Object! Champion! Word Freak Champion! Stackopolis Champion! Cone Crazy 2 Champion! Catch Champion! Ball Toucher V32 Champion! UpBeat Champion! Ninja Hunter Survival Champion! Mancala Champion! Cubis 2 : Arcade Champion! Crazy Maze Champion! Neon 2.5 Champion! Overkill: Apache Champion! Festival Pinball Champion! Tower of Moai Champion! Blam! Blam! Champion! Momentum Missile Mayhem Champion! Grave Yard Panic Champion! Street Fighter Flash Champion! Ultimate Football Champion! Belter Champion! Ghost Hunter 2 Champion! Mine Sweeper Champion! Matrix Dock Defense Champion! Bubiking! Champion! Uniroyal Fun Cup Champion! Inspector Parker Champion! Checkers Champion! Cuisine King Champion! Dead Frontier Night Three Champion! Deflector game Champion! Endless Zombie Attack-Defence Champion! Doomed Champion! Elite Base Jumping Champion! Heli Attack 2 Champion! Raiden X Champion! Jump Jump Champion! Monster Bubbles Champion! Head Space Champion! Strategy Defense 3 Champion! Dojo Delivery Dash Champion! Angel Mart Champion! Brain Bones Champion! Breakout Champion! Clash'N Slash: Worlds Away Champion! Adventure Ho Champion! Baby Hospital Champion! Renganax Champion! Haunted House Champion! Q*Bert 2004 Champion! The Flying Minutini -NS- Champion! Pat Ping Pong Champion! BRIXXX Champion! Havana Club 2 Champion! Straight master Champion!
in the Matrix, practicing my super kung fu!
Credits: 4,258.57
idiosyncratic is on a distinguished road

yeah. really. someone should be in charge of a HT fishing g2g...
have the more experience fisher ppl teach us none fisher type ppl
ok. i'm not quite a non fisher type... i have had some fishing experience... but only small and very small game.
I am not liable for any assumptions that you may have about my posts
idiosyncrasies of the truth inevitably varies with an individual's perception

Facebook Comments