Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii's Racing Community > Scale Auto, RC Hobbies & Racing

Scale Auto, RC Hobbies & Racing General Scale, Auto & RC Discussion

Unread 05-12-2009, 05:05 AM   #51
R.C. Carmudgeon
Bombara

Additional Info
Credits: 1,780.60
R.C. Carmudgeon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
It looks like the Cup Racer tires only fit Cup Racer wheels (?). The wheels have an extra lip on them similar to the TA wheels (Vintage). The standard Cup Racer tires (M compound) seem pretty soft but there's a "soft" compound coming out too. Has anyone actually driven their Cup Racers yet? Do the stock tires work OK?
Ruel also had his out set up with with short wheelbase, silver can, and kit tires which wore out fairly quickly. Car was quick. Both Keiji and Plo are looking for stiffer springs. I was impressed considering how untested they were. Overheating didn't seem to be a problem so far. Both used after market 64p gears.

Theoretically, I'll have more 510's in less than a week.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:35 AM   #52
inpuressa
Big Surf

Additional Info
Credits: 2,243.55
inpuressa is on a distinguished road

Found out that F201 springs work (thanks Burt). They are a little smaller than the kit ones, but they will fit. They feel much stiffer now. Will try and test it out next race or at the box car track.

Manny, any thoughts on the build of the kit? There are some useful tips on the cup racer thread on rctech. Bring it to the next race!
Unread 05-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #53
Manny
Cruncher

Additional Info
Credits: 1,642.70
Manny is on a distinguished road

I just started building last night around midnight so I haven't gotten too far yet. With this kit you REALLY have to read the instructions because there are so many different build options; good for experienced guys but could be confusing for a newbie. I'm sure it will build up as well as all the other HPI/Hotbodies car I've built. My only real miniscule complaint so far is the use of so many self tapping screws. I prefer machine threads.

I used a Tamiya thrust bearing on the rear ball diff and the diff action really smoothed out vs building it stock (from RCtech.net)

The front gear diff was really notchy when you used the hard spring to slow down diff action. I used the soft spring and 10,000 wt diff oil to smooth out the diff action while slowing it down. I'm trying to simulate a spool with a little bit of give. I hope the oil doesn't leak out.

Last edited by Manny; 05-12-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Facebook Comments