Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii Talks Forums > General Discussion

HT Hosting

Unread 03-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #76
Act162this
PW Aficionado

Additional Info
Credits: 10,177.80
Act162this is on a distinguished road

oatmeal = beer in semi-solid form, or young beer.

beer = fermented oatmeal.

all part of the circle of life.
Unread 03-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #77
Hee_Haw
Part time Trunk Monkey

So, it might have gotten lost in the shuffle.

Anyone know how to get a hold of idiosyncratic? I think is RL name is Leo.

Lois? FB?
Unread 03-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #78
Act162this
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hee_Haw View Post
i believe you are correct.
Unread 03-12-2014, 02:14 AM   #79
nlm
Robot Kat

Additional Info
Credits: 3,620.33
nlm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So, it might have gotten lost in the shuffle.

Lois? FB?
Sorry don't know him. Although definitely chatted with him online.
Unread 03-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #80
Hee_Haw
Part time Trunk Monkey

I wonder if MLE is still in Hawaii. I recall her husband is in the military. :/
Unread 03-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #81
Act162this
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

didn't she say something about shipping out a couple of months before she stopped posting?
Unread 03-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #82
nlm
Robot Kat

Additional Info

Quote:
I wonder if MLE is still in Hawaii. I recall her husband is in the military. :/
She's in Italy at this time, but I think they will be moving along again with her husband's deployment. I keep in touch with her. Will let her know that you said hi!
Unread 03-14-2014, 07:56 AM   #83
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI
Wii Friend Code: 0793 7742 9373 2923
Credits: 71,040.50
ArchangelX is on a distinguished road

You know...now that I've taken a breath from HT, I can look at it with fresh eyes. There were alot of things I got hung up on, especially with moderation. Hope more people start to visit.
Unread 03-14-2014, 08:45 AM   #84
Act162this
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

i think if they want to, and someone can let them know HT is making a comeback, they'll come. maybe not as frequently as their lives may be busier, but even popping in every now and then would be nice.
Unread 03-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #85
nlm
Robot Kat

Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelX View Post
You know...now that I've taken a breath from HT, I can look at it with fresh eyes. There were alot of things I got hung up on, especially with moderation. Hope more people start to visit.
One of the things about Old HT that really got to me towards the end, had to do with the newer guys posting and calling people out, saying inappropriate stuff or immature semi-trolling. It took away the community spirit and got on my nerves. You know what I mean. And they were rude to the girls. I can't blame them for leaving.

That said, it's really nice to be back. I wish some of the older members would return. Some people got married and have kids now, so they're busier and not online. Some have left HI. Maybe a local G2G would bring some folks back. Maybe word of mouth. Not sure.
Unread 03-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #86
Hee_Haw
Part time Trunk Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlm View Post
One of the things about Old HT that really got to me towards the end, had to do with the newer guys posting and calling people out, saying inappropriate stuff or immature semi-trolling. It took away the community spirit and got on my nerves. You know what I mean. And they were rude to the girls. I can't blame them for leaving.

That said, it's really nice to be back. I wish some of the older members would return. Some people got married and have kids now, so they're busier and not online. Some have left HI. Maybe a local G2G would bring some folks back. Maybe word of mouth. Not sure.
I was absent totally for about 2 years. I agree with Mike in an earlier post that Facebook's rise to power in the 2000s contributed to the drop in participation in all kinds of vBulletin discussion forums, of which HT was part of.

FB really catered to what people in general desired in online social activity; sharing pictures, thoughts and sentiments (and trash), and the ability to network with friends of other friends by affinity (activities, movies, sports etc.) or just making friends off of other friends.

Personally, I draw my lines on FB there. I have a hard time on social media with someone I have never met in person, unless they've been someone I've discussed life with online (such as Hawaii Talks) for years. Getting "friend requests" from friends of friends with no prior connection was a stretch for me, and I've only accepted a few of those requests mainly because of fishing affiliation and solicitation of businesses (like Brian's Fishing Supply).

Nori, maybe since all the troll types go to FB for their hijinks and monkeyshines, we can bring healthy and decent conversation back to HT the way it was, and usher in the younger ones to engage similarly.

But I wouldn't count on it. Younger ones like and want "likes", "shares", "follows" and other pseudo-validations of self-worth. When they get over that, they can migrate to HT for "real" discussion.
Unread 06-28-2014, 05:39 PM   #87
idiosyncratic
iz jus me dakine li'dat!

Additional Info
Xeno Tactic Champion! Assassination Simulator Champion! Tetris Champion! Super Mario Boat Bonanza Champion! Ball A Track Champion! Bricks Champion! Ring Pass Not Champion! 1 Starship Champion! 100 Men Champion! Bottle Shooter Champion! Cosmic Defender Champion! Kakato Otoshi Champion! Five Champion! Bookworm Champion! Alien Rescue Champion! Angel Power Racing Champion! Apple girl Champion! Xeno Tactic 2 Champion! Air Hockey Champion! Avatar Star Sue Champion! 13 Days in Hell Champion! Ultimate Crab Battle Champion! 3D Racing - Track 1 Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! 3D Superball Champion! Decoder Champion! Air Typer Champion! Vegas Invader Champion! WipeOut Champion! Animal Keeper Champion! Kung Fu Fighter Champion! Burger Restaurant Champion! Kung Fu Remix Champion! Galagon 2004 Champion! No Gravity Champion! Clash`N Slash Champion! Pit Stop Challenge Champion! Kingkong Island Champion! Keyboard Smash Champion! Sim Rescue Champion! BupPreview Champion! American Dragon Pinball Champion! Slingo Matchum Champion! Excited Insects Champion! JetSpeed Champion! Quad Champion! Earthling Eliminator Champion! Tank Master Champion! Mega Boom Champion! Jewel Miner Champion! Strikers 1945 Champion! Race Horse Tycoon Champion! Comboling Champion! SB Anchovy Assult Champion! Taz`s Tropical Havoc Champion! Simon Champion! Hero Zymbols Champion! Cubex Champion! Collateral Damages Champion! Trivial Blitz 2 Champion! Fast n Furious Champion! Sea Diver Champion! Death To Ninja Champion! Virtual Police Champion! HyperSphere Champion! Dead Frontier Night One Champion! Zombie S.S. Mission Champion! 4 Wheel Madness Champion! Drifting Champion! Dual Card Champion! Drakojan Skies Champion! Brain Buster Champion! Crazy Cube Champion! Super Robot Advanced Champion! Rapid Fire 2 Time Trial Champion! Snake Champion! Toon Crisis 2 Champion! Target Training! Champion! Acno Energiser Champion! Monstor Buster Champion! Fish Tales Champion! Targets Champion! Aerial Mahjong Champion! Metal Slug Flash Champion! Bubble Elements Arcade Champion! Mr Bump Pinball Champion! Assault Paintball Champion! Angel Pang Champion! Pinball Smash Up Champion! Street Shooter Champion! Laser Envy Champion! Caixa 2006 Champion! Desert Storm Champion! Aqua Slug Champion! BombJack Arcade Champion! Axegang Rampage Champion! Starsky & Hutch Pinball Champion! Mega Pengs! Champion! B29 Assault Champion! TNT Runner Champion! Puzzle Bobble Champion! Flying Gonzo Champion! Space Invaders Champion! Lego Basketball Challenge Champion! Shailine Champion! Monkey Kart Champion! Rapid Fire 2 Bubble Burst Champion! Chopper Popper Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! Virtual Police 2 Champion! Charles 007 Champion! The Transporter 2 Champion! National Treasure Pinball Champion! Ball Lifting Champion! Scoobys Curse Of Anubis Champion! Clash N Slash Champion! Twin Power Champion! Hang On v2 Champion! R.S.V.P Champion! Blobber Champion! Caliber Dash Champion! Extreme Racing 2 Champion! Putt It In Champion! Treasure Pyramid Champion! Pangflash Champion! Game For Money Champion! Brain Machine Champion! Simpsons: Ball of Death Champion! Megaman Zero Alpha Champion! Candy Shoot Champion! Lucky Eights Champion! The Princess`s Tiara Champion! Planetcide Genesis Champion! Angel Killer Champion! Rick Dangerous Champion! Star Ladder Champion! Baby Boom Champion! Operation Tiger Champion! Baby Ball Champion! Monster Truck Trials Champion! Floatin` Assault Champion! Rapid Randy Champion! I Object! Champion! Word Freak Champion! Stackopolis Champion! Cone Crazy 2 Champion! Catch Champion! Ball Toucher V32 Champion! UpBeat Champion! Ninja Hunter Survival Champion! Mancala Champion! Cubis 2 : Arcade Champion! Crazy Maze Champion! Neon 2.5 Champion! Overkill: Apache Champion! Festival Pinball Champion! Tower of Moai Champion! Blam! Blam! Champion! Momentum Missile Mayhem Champion! Grave Yard Panic Champion! Street Fighter Flash Champion! Ultimate Football Champion! Belter Champion! Ghost Hunter 2 Champion! Mine Sweeper Champion! Matrix Dock Defense Champion! Bubiking! Champion! Uniroyal Fun Cup Champion! Inspector Parker Champion! Checkers Champion! Cuisine King Champion! Dead Frontier Night Three Champion! Deflector game Champion! Endless Zombie Attack-Defence Champion! Doomed Champion! Elite Base Jumping Champion! Heli Attack 2 Champion! Raiden X Champion! Jump Jump Champion! Monster Bubbles Champion! Head Space Champion! Strategy Defense 3 Champion! Dojo Delivery Dash Champion! Angel Mart Champion! Brain Bones Champion! Breakout Champion! Clash'N Slash: Worlds Away Champion! Adventure Ho Champion! Baby Hospital Champion! Renganax Champion! Haunted House Champion! Q*Bert 2004 Champion! The Flying Minutini -NS- Champion! Pat Ping Pong Champion! BRIXXX Champion! Havana Club 2 Champion! Straight master Champion!
in the Matrix, practicing my super kung fu!
Credits: 4,698.26
idiosyncratic is on a distinguished road

aloha to everyone! *raises hand* idio present and accounted for!

with the reload... I found an opportunity to take the King of the Arcade title
I set a goal of 100 high scores and have succeeded.
what brought me back was xeno tactic. lol. I introduced it to my coworker and he's been bent on 'beating' the game... so I tried to play it again and found that... OMG! the high scores was unclaimed! which gave rise to the King of the Arcade goal. lol.

It's great to see a few folks back!
I am not liable for any assumptions that you may have about my posts
idiosyncrasies of the truth inevitably varies with an individual's perception

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 07-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #88
Hee_Haw
Part time Trunk Monkey

It's been slow re-starting... trying to post somewhat interesting things to start conversation (at least in General Discussion), but no responses except for Act162this and idio.

I guess praying for divine intervention would help too! I miss everyone yakking away at HT. Even if no one "likes" it like on FB.

I won't give up.

Facebook Comments