Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii's Racing Community > Drifting > Drift Session

Drift Session Hawaii's #1 Drifting Event
www.driftsession.com

Unread 09-29-2006, 04:49 AM   #1
808drifter
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Credits: 1,431.05
808drifter is on a distinguished road
Default DS at Aloha??

SO we might be having Drift Session at Aloha Stadium now???

Vote is next month.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 09-29-2006, 08:10 AM   #2
worr20
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Credits: 1,618.40
worr20 is on a distinguished road

sweet, yeah I heard...my FC should be done by next year
Unread 10-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
driftahS13
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Pearl City
Credits: 1,543.30
driftahS13 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

NOT DRIFT SESSION.......XD1 BETTER
Unread 10-09-2006, 06:03 AM   #4
kanji180sx
Sand Facial

Additional Info
STOCKTON CALI
Send a message via AIM to kanji180sx
Credits: 1,578.35
kanji180sx is on a distinguished road
Default XD1?*?*?*?*?

What is XD1?*?*?*?*?
Unread 10-09-2006, 08:36 AM   #5
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI
Wii Friend Code: 0793 7742 9373 2923
Credits: 56,127.81
ArchangelX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftahS13
NOT DRIFT SESSION.......XD1 BETTER
XD1...hmm. Thanks for the props.

Good luck to Steve-o, though.

Last edited by ArchangelX; 10-09-2006 at 08:44 AM.
Unread 10-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #6
da808santaclauz
Breaker

Additional Info
Credits: 1,576.60
da808santaclauz is on a distinguished road

whats xd1?? sounds futuristic
Unread 10-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #7
REH
Big Surf

Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii
Credits: 1,976.64
REH is on a distinguished road

Ex-D1; extreme D1; X-D1? Who's running it?
Unread 10-11-2006, 06:55 AM   #8
Latka
Hatorade Dealer

Additional Info
Kaneohe
Credits: 2,463.90
Latka is on a distinguished road

I love how *everything* has to be "Extreme"...err..scratch that... "Xtreme!" these days. I even saw an "xtreme!" exterminator a while back.

Not sure who the XD1 guys are. I have only been to one REH - Race Events Hawaii event, and I can tell you that it was very professionally run by a group with *actual racing experience*. Not to say that someone else can't put on a good event, but if I had to spend my money to enter or watch an event I'd want to put my money down with someone like REH who had all the proper permits, equipment, insurance, and experience.
Unread 10-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #9
REH
Big Surf

Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii
Credits: 1,976.64
REH is on a distinguished road

Thanks Andy. Actually Drift Session, LLC is it's own entity since 2000 or so. It's this company that puts on events like the Super Lap Series, but REH, LLC did get it off the ground in the beginning. As a matter of fact REH, LLC is working with Chris M. on the new wheel2wheel series. When this takes off we'll create a new entity for it too. Primarily REH, LLC takes care of track rental with local dealerships and car clubs.
Unread 10-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #10
grampa
Gremlin

Additional Info
Credits: 1,358.90
grampa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH
Thanks Andy. Actually Drift Session, LLC is it's own entity since 2000 or so. It's this company that puts on events like the Super Lap Series, but REH, LLC did get it off the ground in the beginning. As a matter of fact REH, LLC is working with Chris M. on the new wheel2wheel series. When this takes off we'll create a new entity for it too. Primarily REH, LLC takes care of track rental with local dealerships and car clubs.

S.O.R.T. would like to show support to the Drifters of XD-1.

Last Saturday (10/21/2006), we had the opportunity to see the presentation from Tracy & Sean (Punish'm TV) explaining their efforts to bring the Xtreme Drift World Tour to Hawaii @ Aloha Stadium.

The concept of the show was simple. A traveling motorsports extravagnaza featuring the best Drifters and more than $1 million dollars worth of cars. A made for TV exhibition team was formed which includes one Hawaii driver. The team performs a choreographed routine similar to the Navy's Blue Angels or Air Force's Thunderbirds but with a major twist:

The twist? A group of world class Motocross Extreme riders will be jumping over these Drifters performing back flips and Superman's as a part of the show. The program will be set to music with concert lighting and pyrotechnics.

- 6 pm Singing of the National Anthem followed by the "Hawaii Pono E".
- Dignitary to announce "Ladies & Gentlemen....Start your Engines."

Announcer will begin show (James Brennan from the TV show The Little Grass Shack).

~ Opening Segment: Approx. 15 - 20 minutes.
Featuring Xtreme Drift World Tour Drifters and Moto X riders together.

~ 1st Break: Approx. 20 minutes. This will showcase local drivers doing their routines.

~ 2nd Segment divided into 2 programs. Each program approx. 15 minutes.
First group will be the Moto X riders on their own doing tricks.
Second group will be the Xtreme Drift World Tour Drifters.

~ 2nd Break: Approx. 20 minutes. Closing segment featuring both the Drifters from the Xtreme Drift World Tour and Moto X riders in a choreographed show set to music, lights and pyrotechnics.

Mahalo's and Fireworks distlay and a come again next year. 9 pm close.

Drifters and Moto X riders will be available for a meet-and-greet as well as picture taking and autograph signing for the fans at the end of the show.

This is an awesome opportunity to get the drifters a place to play and show off their talents. Not only will this be an awesome show, but this would be just the beginning to have a temporary place for the drifters to come out and play and show off their skills also.

What Tracy (Punish'm) is also trying to do is to have a once-a-month date for the local drifters to come out and play here at Aloha Stadium. There will also be several dates that there will be International Events here too.

SORT feels that this should be a joint effort with SORT's support to help the drifters get a safe and secure site until we are able to get the former HRP re-opened or a better race track facility for everyone.

There is a very important date coming up on October 26th (Thursday). XD-1 is on the agenda for the monthly Stadium Authority meeting that is held on the last Thursday of every month. They will have the opportunity to present before the Authority their presentation for their approval. A few weeks ago, you might have watched the news and seen a sample of the drifting performance that they had presented. Very impressive! The Stadium Authority thought so too.

SORT will show their support and ask that their members also come out and show support also. We also ask everyone to send in emails and fax letters of support also.

We have found out that there is a group of people out there sending letters of opposition to try to prevent the drifters from having this opportunity to have a place to drift in a safe and secure environment. We do not want them to succeed in preventing this from happening.

So, if you can take a few minutes to send out a letter of support, we would greatly appreciate it.

You can send it to the following:

Gov. Linda Lingle: Fax 586-0006 or email: governor.lingle@hawaii.gov
Lt. Gov. Aiona: Fax 586-0231 or email: ltgov@hawaii.gov
Aloha Stadium Interim Manager Scott Chan: email scott.l.chan@hawaii.gov
And the Aloha Stadium Fax Number: 483-2823.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call: Evelyn Souza 255-8297 or Jeanette Grace 478-8520.

Mahalo....Jeanette

pretty soon, we won't need a race track, it will be Aloha Stadium, waaahhhooooo

Last edited by grampa; 10-23-2006 at 08:58 AM.
Unread 10-23-2006, 08:56 AM   #11
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

Kudos to them. Good luck with that.
Unread 12-07-2006, 09:26 PM   #12
wht240drftr
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Credits: 1,449.50
wht240drftr is on a distinguished road

Stadium authority OKs drifting events in parking lot

Advertiser Staff

The Aloha Stadium Authority voted Thursday to allow drifting where drivers maneuver their cars in a controlled slide in the lower Halawa parking lot if the sport's organizers meet certain safety and insurance requirements, according to Aloha Stadium Authority chairman Kevin Chong Kee.
The organization's insurance policy and formal application must be presented at the Stadium Authority's next meeting, Nov. 30, before the stadium finalizes the agreement, Chong Kee said.

Hawai'i's drifting and racing enthusiasts have been looking for a venue since Hawai'i Raceway Park closed in April. In July, stadium officials approved a three-month trial period that allowed the Sports Car Club of America to use the lower stadium parking lot for slalom car racing, which features cars driving through a traffic-coned obstacle course at average speeds of 30 to 40 mph.

The drifting organization had been looking at hosting monthly weekend events starting sometime in December, but organizers haven't put in a formal application, Chong Kee said.

The Stadium Authority requested a trial period with drifting at the stadium parking lot, similar to the trial with slalom car racing, Chong Kee said.
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #13
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

Just to clarify, it's not a DS event...that's why it was posted in the general Drifting section. Thanks.
Unread 12-09-2006, 07:31 AM   #14
Chris Messer
Breaker

Additional Info
Makiki, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Messer
Credits: 2,104.19
Chris Messer is on a distinguished road

Yup... not a DS event, but all the same drivers who got their start there.....kinda makes me want to take my Camaro there since there's no guardrails or roadracing events anymore! :

Facebook Comments