Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii's Racing Community > Scale Auto, RC Hobbies & Racing

Scale Auto, RC Hobbies & Racing General Scale, Auto & RC Discussion

Unread 02-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
HawnMT
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Credits: 1,707.49
HawnMT is on a distinguished road
Default OPEN CLASS in RCMTC-HI

Open class is here! If you've always wanted to come out and run in the Radio Control Monster Truck Challenge-Hawaii series(RCMTC-HI) but you don't have an electric truck that quite fits in any of the 3 exsisting race classes (Stock, Mod, Outlaw) you now have the option of running it in our new Open class.

So all you E-Revos, Summits, Emaxxes, Wild Daggers, TLTs, Wheely Kings, USA-1s, Twin Forces, or even a Clod/TXT that doesn't fit the rules, whatever really. If it's electric and you think it can jump our 10-80 ramps and runover our crush cars then bring it. We would prefer to keep it in the monster truck/truggy area but there won't be ANY restrictions except that it be electric. So if you think your Shortcouse truck will make it(some guys have run our courses with them) come on out.

Open class was made so no one would have to be turned away from our races. But since it's an unregulated class there really isn't anyway of making the racing truely even. Because of that it will only be an exhibition class which means there will be no points or trophies. BUT WHO CARES!!!! This is just for FUN and it's FREE!!!! That's right, come out and run your truck, meet some great people, watch our other race classes and it costs you nothing!

If your interested here's some information on the class check out the RCMTC-HI section on Forums Hawaii(I can't post urls yet) or if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 02-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
JoeWorks
MT Racing

Additional Info
Credits: 2,695.35
JoeWorks is on a distinguished road

Cool.. Didn't know you are part of the HT family..

Shoots..

“IN ONES WORLD OF GIVE AND TAKE, ONE MUST THINK IF ONE HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO GIVE”
Unread 02-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
hyperstang00
"DA ANNOUNCAH"

Additional Info
Credits: 2,039.50
hyperstang00 is on a distinguished road

Hey...welcome braddah Kent..

Kent will be da man running this class...I'll try to help out when I can, so here is the link for the official rules..

THE OPEN CLASS!!!!! Post your truck - ForumsHawaii
Unread 02-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
hyperstang00
"DA ANNOUNCAH"

Additional Info

Kent..lemme know if this is the wrong link..lol!!!!!
Unread 02-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
Act162this
PW Aficionado

Additional Info
Credits: 9,765.50
Act162this is on a distinguished road

oh, cool!

that's my incentive to get the tx for my son's 18R out of his hands and get him back on the e-savvy!

woohoo! it's been awhile since we jumped the e-savvy (still waiting for parts to come in). 6 year old w/ heavy throttle finger + big air = bring on the carnage!
Unread 03-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #6
hyperstang00
"DA ANNOUNCAH"

Additional Info

yup...yup..

that open class is CRAZY!!! FUN AS HELL though...

so far..everything from Summit's..to EREVO's...to my slash 4x4. So would fit PERFECTLY in open class.
Unread 03-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #7
Act162this
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

cool!

do the summit's get going quick enough to get air? they look kinda big and heavy, even for a 700 motor (i think they come w/ 700 motor?).

still waiting for replacement motors and suspension bits - son's e-savvy has been out of commission for almost a year now, but he's using his 18R drifter instead so he doesn't miss it.

once we put in the replacement 550 motors (waiting on the b/l system later) and change out some bent suspension bits from his last big air crash, we'll probably be flight-testing the thing again.

hopefully we can go out there and check it out - kinda hard b/c his weekends are just packed with activities and sports, but we'll give it a shot.
Unread 03-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #8
HawnMT
Sand Facial

Additional Info

Since Open Class is just an exhibition class, if you can't make it for qualifying don't worry about it and come out when you can. We start qualifying at about 12pm on race Sunday's and we don't get to the first heat of Open Class til around 1:30-2. Even if you can't make it until after that there will be a least one if not two more heats to race in.

The Summit racing with us does catch a lot of air. I would compare it running in high gear to an Emaxx running in low gear, maybe a little slower. Our big ramps are curved so it's actually better for independent suspension trucks like EMaxxes, E-revos, E-savys, etc.
Unread 04-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
HawnMT
Sand Facial

Additional Info

Next race is this Sunday, April 25th, 12pm at the Mililani District Park.

Unread 04-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #10
Act162this
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

holy cow!!! how much parts breakage do you get from landings like that?

my son's e-savvy chassis dug little divots into the ground after playing dukes of hazzard with it off a dirt ramp. i'm pretty sure it hit the chassis because the chassis was dinged and there was dirt and grass hanging off of it. he bent up the springs (two are kinda kinked in the middle, i'm guessing it bottomed out and kinked the OEM red springs), bent some of the rod ends and one of the steering rods, and lost a couple of clips for the battery holders.

this isn't going to be cheap to fix, and that's just off a dirt ramp.

with those curved ramps, i'll be lucky if i'm not bringing his e-savvy home in a couple of boxes or baggies.

of course, it'd be fun to watch...
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #11
HawnMT
Sand Facial

Additional Info

No breakage. The Traxxas stuff, ie Slash, Emaxx, E-Revo, Summit all handle the jumps really really well. Even off camber landings don't usually result in any damage. Part of the reason is because of the soft grass surface the other part is we've all gotten used to tuning our setups for the junping.
Unread 04-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #12
Act162this
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

ah, cool.

takes awhile to fix his e-savvy after a crash b/c i can't find parts locally - gotta order over the internet and then wait.

i'm thinking about using the purple savage springs and stiffer shocks so it doesn't bottom out so much on the landings, but people say it has a negative effect on the on-road handling.

i'm trying to slow his truck down some so he can't get so much air on the jumps, too. sometimes he lands on the roof, on the nose, etc... i think the poor truck can only take so much of that before something really bad happens.

Facebook Comments