Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii Talks Forums > Entertainment

HT Hosting

Unread 02-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
Kamakura kid
Big Surf

Additional Info
Credits: 2,221.65
Kamakura kid is on a distinguished road
Default New Bond Movie

Apparently the faithful are upset with the selection of Daniel Craig as the new James Bond, mainly because he was a "budget" choice (other candidates were Hugh Jackman and Clive Owen), and possibly because of his wimpy appearance.
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=216266

Although I was a Clive Owen proponent, I don't have a problem with Daniel Craig from an acting perpective. I think he did extremely well in the movie "Layer Cake." However, I have a SEVERE objection to him from a hypocrisy perspective. DC is extremely anti-gun, and has made a statement to that effect. Well, guess what? James Bond's trademark is a Walther PPK. Last time I checked, that was a gun. The trademarked opening sequence? Gee, that looks an awful lot like squinting down a gun barrel.

I'll see if I can dig up the exact quote from Daniel Craig about guns. OK, here it is:
"I hate handguns. Handguns are used to shoot people and as long as they are around, people will shoot each other," said Craig, "That's a simple fact. I've seen a bullet wound and it was a mess. It was on a shoot and it scared me. Bullets have a nasty habit of finding their target and that's what's scary about them."

Its bad enough we had to put up with the whole Lethal Weapons series being forced upon us by anti-gun actors and directors, but that series is nowhere as iconic as James Bond.

I still wish they had picked Clive Owen. There was a spoof about this whole James Bond selection thing in the latest Pink Panther movie, where Clive played British Secret Service Agent 006. Clive would make an excellent 007, methinks.

Last edited by Kamakura kid; 02-22-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 02-22-2006, 07:24 PM   #2
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI
Wii Friend Code: 0793 7742 9373 2923
Credits: 61,977.62
ArchangelX is on a distinguished road

Honestly, I think he's a poor choice...he just doesn't look like a bond...there's nothing that makes me look at him and go...yeah...he's James Bond. Roger Moor, Pierce Brosnan, Sean Connery....they alllll had that look. This dude...looks like your typical english bloke.

I'm not happy with their decision...what the heck was wrong with Pierce Brosnan, anyways? The last movie was pretty decent...
Unread 02-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
dkmini
Bombarabara

Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to dkmini
Credits: 2,662.60
dkmini is on a distinguished road

Hey Kamakura Kid, did you see the BMW short films? It was a series of films that starred Clive Owens as "the driver". He was good in them and if you haven't seen them, I think you will like them. Each short movie was directed by a famous director and they put their own spin and flavor on their short.

http://intl.bmwfqa.com/clap.asp?temp...try=intl&film=
Unread 02-23-2006, 08:05 AM   #4
Kamakura kid
Big Surf

Additional Info

No, I hadn't seen the Bimmer movies. I did download and watch them last night. Cool flicks! I like the "hostage" one the best.

I also liked the fact BMW had Pocket PC versions avail, those are on my PDA now.
Unread 02-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
Kamakura kid
Big Surf

Additional Info

Oh yeah, Daniel Craig can't drive stick, either.

A gun hating, auto tranny only driving actor playing James Bond. Not that those things will keep me from seeing the movie or anything, but it'll take a huge leap of faith to make the actor/character separation when JB is handling his Walther PPK and driving either a new Aston Martin car, or worse yet the DB5.
Unread 02-25-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
corytomo
Big Kahuna

Additional Info

He better be driving a DBR9!
Unread 02-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #7
kilikopela
All it takes is 1

Additional Info
Credits: 1,047.50
kilikopela is on a distinguished road

That sucks, Craig doesnt strike me as a Bond figure. Owen would've been a good representation of Bond, Jackman...ahhh?, I keep thinking Wolverine...but even Jackman didnt match the roll of Wolverine (IMO).

Facebook Comments