Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii's Racing Community > Drag Racing

Drag Racing General Drag Racing Discussion

Unread 08-31-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
Udrivecrap
PW Aficionado

Additional Info
Credits: 9,187.35
Udrivecrap has disabled reputation
Cool NHRA Street Legal

i got my new Summit catalog.... with or without a track, there is a street racing problem. my street car is all dressed up and i can only "drive" it on the street.

http://www.nhra.com/streetlegal/

In the early 1950s, NHRA founder Wally Parks began working with law-enforcement agencies around the country to entice illegal street racers onto dry lakes and abandoned runways where more organized competition could be staged. Today, that basic initiative remains NHRA's primary mission. Given the scope of today's street racing epidemic, NHRA is even more committed to providing safer racing alternatives through thousands of legal, sanctioned events that take place on hundreds of dragstrips across the United States each weekend through its Street Legal program.

At the urging of Southern California law-enforcement agencies, NHRA in 1994 began a high-profile and closely scrutinized program of events for street-legal cars and motorcycles in Southern California. Since then, thousands of potential illegal street racers throughout the country have turned to Street Legal programs at NHRA member tracks, where as many as 700 racers may attend an event.

Only street-legal machines are permitted to participate. Fully rigged race cars are turned away, though some Street Legal events may permit open exhausts and/or drag slicks. Though it varies from track to track, most Street Legal venues feature time trials and grudge racing only, which gives each racer the opportunity to make the maximum number of passes. Grudge racing permits participants to choose their competition rather than participate in an organized eliminator. Win or lose, participants may return to the staging lanes for more time trials or grudge runs.
The NHRA Xplōd Sport Compact Racing Series is another of NHRA's key competition programs. NHRA offers a professional touring series with a guaranteed purse, television coverage, and championship bonus for enthusiasts of high-horsepower four- and six-cylinder sub-compacts, including the Honda CRX, Mazda RX-7, and Toyota Celica.

Virtually
Runs
On
Luck
Every
Time
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Facebook Comments