Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii's Racing Community > Drag Racing

Drag Racing General Drag Racing Discussion

Unread 12-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #1
Udrivecrap
PW Aficionado

Additional Info
Credits: 9,191.25
Udrivecrap has disabled reputation
Exclamation 2007 NHRA Chassis Certification

i thought i'd post it here so no one misses it if they are interested. (courtesy of Chad cuz he da man)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad82GT
2007 NHRA Chassis Certification

For those who run 9.99 or quicker and might be planning on going to the outter islands to drag race in 2007 (Super Ferry should be up by July!), you will need a current NHRA Chassis Certification.

Bad news: there is no one locally who can do it.

Good news: we're working on getting the guy to fly over to Oahu after he visits Maui in January '07. Please let me know if you're interested in this as we need enough cars justify his trip over.

http://www.paradisecruisers.com/SMF/...p?topic=6538.0

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 12-21-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
Udrivecrap
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

this post is from September 25th

Quote:
NHRA Chassis Inspection

Aloha Everyone.......

I spoke with Mike Rice, the NHRA Pacific Region Director, last week regarding the NHRA Chassis inspection and other matters.

He related that he and possibly others from the NHRA are looking at being on the Big Island the second or third week of January 2007. The NHRA will be going to Kauai, Oahu, Maui and the Big Island. As of now Mike is looking at being here for two or three days as he wants to do both Hilo and Kona sides of the island.

The January date came about as he felt that should there be new rules or tech specifications towards the end of the NHRA 2006 racing season, they can be updated in time for the 2007 season.

Some of the other matters we discussed included the possibility of [1] a NHRA permanent rep in Hawaii [2] a NHRA Chassis inspector in Hawaii [3] holding NHRA Tech Inspector testing while he is here. He will be working on these matters to see what can be done.

Mike went on to say that the NHRA wants to come back to the Big Island. He went further to say that he and others realize that the NHRA could have done more for Hawaii in the past and wants to correct that. I feel that they are trying as they are going to Oahu to do chassis in January even though the island no longer has a race track. The NHRA wants to help those racers who want to race on Maui or Kauai.

I will keep everyone posted as more information developes on this...

Thanks Again.....
Ed Douglas
President
HMRA-Hawaii Motorsports Racers Association
Phone: [808] 895-1676
Email: himotor@hawaiiantel.net
Unread 12-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
Udrivecrap
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

this post is from yesterday.

Quote:
NHRA visit in January 2007
Quote:
Aloha Everyone

I spoke with Mike Rice, the Pacific/Western Region NHRA Director on Tuesday, Dec 19th. He related that he would be in Hawaii, possibly with a NHRA tech team about January 7th or 8th and would be in Hawaii for 7 days.

He stated that he would be coming to the Big Island, and would advise me the date later. He also said that as he would be here for 7 days it would be hard to go to Kona during this trip as they are doing four islands in those 7 days, Kauai, Maui, Oahu and the Big Island. He added that he would like to come back to the Big Island about mid-year and get to Kona.

Mike pointed out that the NHRA would like to have the Big Island back in the NHRA fold for several reason including that the Maui and Kauai tracks are NHRA and this would facilitate competition on all the islands, along with strong support for the NHRA. He stated that there have been quite a few calls from the Big Island regarding drag racing and the NHRA.

Mike again added that as long as the track is IHRA the NHRA will not share the track for liability reason, which has been further complicated by some things that have happened in 2006.

I remained commited to the return of the NHRA to the Big Island and will work at running an independent HMRA - Hawaii Motorsports Racing Association Series when we do. Will this happen in 2007? Don't know, anything is possible - if not I have other projects that I am working on. I still want to do the "Ke Koa Hao" events, finding a suitable site is the biggest obstacle, thanks to those in Kona and Waimea for all you ongoing help with this.

Keep your comments coming and any questions please let me know, will let everyone know the NHRA schedule as soon as I get it.

Aloha
Ed Douglas
President
HMRA - Hawaii Motorsports Racers Association
Phone: [808] 895-1676
Email: himotor@hawaiiantel.net
so, contact Chad on Oahu if you are interested
Unread 01-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #4
Takahashi Ryousuke
Gremlin

Additional Info

Mike Rice will be on Oahu on Jan. 14th. If you need Chassis inspection, please contact Tom Brown at 230-4140. We will be most likely doing the chassis inspection at Tom's house, or, if we have a lot of cars, we can arrange to do the inspection at a shop somewhere.

Facebook Comments