Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii's Racing Community > Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council (OMAC)

Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council (OMAC) The official discussion forum for the Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council

Unread 01-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI
Wii Friend Code: 0793 7742 9373 2923
Credits: 53,876.81
ArchangelX is on a distinguished road
Default What's the word?

We'd like to add some information to the site about where exactly this project is at at the moment, just to keep rumors from spreading. There haven't been any major updates as of late because our permits are still in "development hell" as they call it. We are currently awaiting the completion of the final stages of our stockpiling permit after some necessary changes had to be made. Due to the holiday season, we lost alot of time, but we are in full swing again now and are pushing to complete the stockpiling permit as fast as we can.

From there, we must complete our grading permit. Once this is done, we can begin construction of the future home of Kalaeloa Raceway Park.

Please watch this space, as we'll have some very important news coming soon.

Until then, we ask that you please support this project by contacting your responsible legislator, councilman, and anyone else you feel would be helpful in getting this project off the ground. You can also write a letter of support by clicking on the above links on the main flash banner.

Mahalo for your support,

Michael J. Kitchens
KRP Project Team

Last edited by ArchangelX; 02-01-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 01-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
onederful100
Gremlin

Additional Info
Credits: 1,440.15
onederful100 is on a distinguished road

thanks for that info. i saw Punishum Motorsports the other night and was going to PM you, but since you posted this up, no need. hope good news is near! can't wait any longer!!!

2007 GT 5spd
1992 LX 5.0
whipple crew member
My car
Unread 05-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
Udrivecrap
PW Aficionado

Additional Info
Credits: 8,277.25
Udrivecrap has disabled reputation

hey Mike, this might be of some help to you in future planning.

i don't know if you found this or have seen it before, this is the map about the sites http://www.honoluludpp.org/planning/...a/Section2.pdf

on page 13 it shows what was found on Parcel 3, 21, 24 and 9. DHHL should be well aware of the Navy's 1999 FEIS.

hope that helps...
Unread 05-19-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

LOL...thanks, Dave. We've had this info for awhile though as well as all the existing archaelogical surveys and the Navy's FEIS. We have done our homework on it, religiously almost. Good post though as I didn't know there was anything online about it...I've been referencing the stack of books on my desk.

It just goes to show that our use of P24 is within the guidelines set forth as commercial recreation, and the KRP is a fitting use of it. Because we aren't doing any serious excavation, and are only adding fill, we won't be endangering any artifacts or sensitive cultural areas.

We're going step-by-step...we can definetly work with what we have. We might not have a 1/4 on P24, but we'll be able to have something, and that's better than nothing at the moment.

We've studied the Master Plan for Kalaeloa as well, and as you can see, the entire area around is slated for use as park in the redevelopment. Our project is geared to work within the guidelines of the master plan, including renewable energy sources, too! It also suggests that there WILL be development happening all around us, and these lands will not stay as they are forever. We've already vowed and will continue to work with the local community as well as the civic clubs to ensure we're not going about destroying culturally or historically sensitive areas.
Unread 05-20-2009, 06:32 AM   #5
Udrivecrap
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

books? what are those? lol... there actually is alot of stuff on the internet.

cool... except, too bad Parcel 9 ain't happening. i still see those dam white tents there. looking for other places to put a quarter mile dragstrip pisses me off. i did this already and now i'm doing it again. oh well, at least this time i'm not alone. last time when i called up the airport i was wondering who i was calling for besides myself. haha..
Unread 05-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

I've got all of DOT's numbers already. LOL. Have fun with that... *groan*
Unread 05-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #7
Udrivecrap
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

oh fantastic... a human directory rofl
Unread 07-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #8
Udrivecrap
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

i was at the landfill yesterday... saw some trucks dumping dirt.

i'm guessing things are moving in the right direction? i know some circle track cars are ready, seen a rally-x car at SCCA too... any time frame for these folks?

just checking, its been about a month since i talked to you last.
Unread 07-31-2009, 12:31 PM   #9
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

Yepz. It is. We're not done moving dirt yet, so nothing to announce.
Unread 07-31-2009, 06:02 PM   #10
Udrivecrap
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

k... thanks Mr.OMAC.

i run into Jeanette every so often, last week or so we were chit chatting about stuff in line and i didn't have time to ask about the track. LOL..
Unread 07-31-2009, 07:34 PM   #11
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

I'm very surprised that you didn't.
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:05 PM   #12
Udrivecrap
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

you are? we'z very buzy peoplez in kapolei... its not like i got time for everything. haha
Unread 09-08-2009, 02:44 AM   #13
NasTee
Real Looney Bin Escapee

Additional Info
Credits: 2,536.76
NasTee is on a distinguished road

What's the word?

Aloha NasTee, it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
Unread 09-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
Outsider
LET ME IN!!!

Additional Info
Credits: 1,541.55
Outsider is on a distinguished road

Man that thing scared me...with my volume all the way up.
Unread 06-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #15
Poppa
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Credits: 1,420.00
Poppa is on a distinguished road

Just joined today to find out what the latest news is, I guess racing is dead in Honolulu
Unread 06-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #16
Udrivecrap
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

welcome... the only thing right now is SCCA SOLO II events at the stadium. there's about 100 cars that show up. it starts again in July. there's info here or at this website www.sccahawaii.org

all i hear right now is rumors of a 1/8th dragstrip opening in Sept or Nov. we've had rumors for the past decade about new tracks here. i'm sure you've heard the old saying "seeing is believing" and "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

please support however you can. you may have noticed, the site administrators are part of a group effort to get racing going at a place called Kalaeloa Raceway Park.

there is also a Build The Track! show coming up and they've been busy with that. don't know if they will chime in so i'll reply here.

meanwhile, whatever your fancy.. enjoy the website, there is a lot to see and do here. there is also an introduction section if you wish to post there.

my name is Dave, your friendly neighborhood moderator at HT
Virtually
Runs
On
Luck
Every
Time
Unread 06-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #17
Poppa
Sand Facial

Additional Info

Thanks a lot Dave, yea I did the SCCA thing a few years back in a '79 AMX when they were at barbers point, then for a while at the Stadium when they moved there. I pumped a s---potload of cash into my nephews econo sprint car a few years back and have been waiting oh so patiently to see it run, oh well.....
Maybe I'll take my GT out to stadium and relive my youth out there for a while ha ha ha.
I'm Ben and I'll be around for a while, thanks again.
Unread 06-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #18
Udrivecrap
PW Aficionado

Additional Info

cool, Ben. maybe we can meet at the stadium next time, i'll keep an eye out for ya. you might even be in my class and we can run against each other. i'm not sure if i'll be in my green camaro or a c-10 truck at SCCA. either way, i'm slow so don't worry about me. LOL
Virtually
Runs
On
Luck
Every
Time
Unread 06-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #19
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

Hi Poppa, welcome to the forum. Dave pretty much filled you in on the most part....don't bet on a track till it happens, but yes, we're working on getting something going. I'm sure you'll be happy that a sprint track will be forthcoming before any other type of racing gets off the ground. We're trying hard...

Hopefully, we'll get somewhere this year. Mahalo, and enjoy the site! I'm Mike K. Please to meet you!
Unread 06-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #20
Poppa
Sand Facial

Additional Info

Dave, I'd seriously love to give it a whirl, but I remember how hard on the kidneys that was and I don't know if I want to change the seats in my car yet.
Mike, it's really good to hear a dirt circle has the strongest chance of becoming reality here as we took the trip to Hilo once already and no offense to the Hilo gang but I won’t go back and the thought of half a drag strip doesn't sound too exciting either. The only good thing that has come out of no tracks here is it forced me and my wife to take racing vacations and now we have 2 NHRA national events and 2 NASCAR events under our belt, but don't know when we'll be able to afford the next one. One thing I’ll say is Talladega is everything it's hyped up to be but I'd like to see some short track live next time out, maybe Martinsville.
I'll be around checking on things and hopefully post some shots now that I've got my 20' Foose rims on, take care and God bless.
Ben

Facebook Comments