Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii Talks Forums > General Discussion > O'ahu

O'ahu The Gathering Place

Unread 07-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
Hee_Haw
Part time Trunk Monkey

Default Aerial Advertising

http://khon2.com/2014/06/30/aerial-a...i-controversy/

Discuss.

Do you think aerial advertising belongs in Hawaii? We already have pretty good laws keeping billboards out of our state.

Is this a form of advertising that would influence you to buy a product (one article suggested nightclubs, car lots, and restaurants would be prime clients)?

With the recent revelation of this company's safety record (crashes and etc.), would you want this flying over YOUR neighborhood? Or are you okay with it but NIMBY?
Unread 07-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
Act162this
PW Aficionado

Additional Info
Credits: 10,183.70
Act162this is on a distinguished road

interesting concept - to try to circumvent state laws by saying their federal permit supercedes state laws. i know in some instances, that is correct but i didn't realize it applied in all cases.

If we wanted to take that argument to the extreme, that would be like saying if capital punishment is okay with the feds, then they have the right to go into a state where the death penalty has been abolished and start executing people that committed federal offenses.

Not sure how the Outdoor Circle plans to close federal loopholes at the state level, if the legal argument that federal laws supercede state laws holds water.

The owner of the company may find himself more on the receiving end of local justice than legal justice, like that shark tour owner that kept getting vandalized and torched by the locals out in Waianae (i think it was?).
Unread 07-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
Hee_Haw
Part time Trunk Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act162this View Post
interesting concept - to try to circumvent state laws by saying their federal permit supercedes state laws. i know in some instances, that is correct but i didn't realize it applied in all cases.

Yup, the old "fed > local" try at skipping the law.

Except that the FAA law only exempted them in airspace...as soon as they touch down at a state / county operated airport, they were subject to being fined; in this case it heard it was an HPD officer issuing what appeared to be a citation (traffic ticket?).

Have you seen it flying lately? After that July 4th appearance I haven't seen it. In fact, I saw and heard more military aircraft including a V-22 Osprey flying out and about, no doubt because of RIMPAC and other related things.

That was so cool! Have never seen one in flight over Oahu before!

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk

Facebook Comments